Monday, May 25, 2009

Light Foot

I have been asked this many times, and have done the calculation many times. Now that we actually have players who are level 700 and can have this buff, I thought I should add it to my blog.
Also, it has been 3 months since I wrote and I must acknowledge that I feel a little guilty for not writing after getting so many positive feedback.

Light Foot is a level 700 skill. It requires 15 stamina, and the official description is :

0.05% chance to use no stamina while moving on the world map.

I believe the description is wrong, and that it is actually :

0.05% per point chance to use no stamina while moving on the world map.

Since it is level 700, we can presume that the buff will be a level 175 when used.

So, is that buff worth it?
Let's compute the breakeven.
At level 175, there is a 8.75% chance to use no stamina.
That means, even 11.43 step you take, you should save one stamina on average.
Since the buff takes 15 stamina, the breakeven point is 171.43 steps.

At a regular realm for level 500, and using 16x doubler, an average hunt should take about 60 moves at least. If you go back to defend your guild's relic, this buff at stam cost is almost definitely going to be worth it.

A potion version is also available.
The Potion of Lesser Light Foot is a level 25 buff and cost about 2 fsp in AH.
Being more expensive than the stam cost for the level 175 buff, I will definitely suggest not getting the potion.
Also, at level 25, it is only a 1.25% chance to use no stamina.
That translates to 1 stamina saved in 80 steps.
At the cost of 2 fsp, you'd have to take 400 steps for break even.
Otherwise, you're better off using those 2 fsps to buy 50 stam.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The buff is also usefull for player who hunt for SE's.